Sea of Cortez, Baja, Mexico
June 8-15, 2019
If fly fishing the salt is on your bucket list, our Spring Rendezvous to Southern Baja, Mexico offers an exiting opportunity to fulfill that dream and experience the thrill of catching powerful ocean fish on the fly that will make your reel scream! We are returning to fish with experienced guide Gary Bulla. Gary has guided and fished southern Baja in the Punta Arenas/Cerralvo Island area for 25 years. This is where the world record roosterfish live. As Gary puts it, “I love this area because of the variety of habitat which provides a smorgasbord of fish for the inshore flyfisher.”
- When: June 8-15, 2019 (7 nights)
- Where: Baja Joes in La Ventana, Mexico
- Lodging, Food & Fishing Cost: $2890 single occupancy price (limited double occupancy is available for $2790). Cost includes lodging with A/C on a white sandy beach, all meals, 5-6 days of fishing with boats and Captains, fly fishing instruction and beer, a talk on the history of Baja, ending with a casting competition and Captain’s party. (airfare, bait, tips and transport to and from the airport are excluded). Once you've registered with IWFF, visit www.garybulla.com for more trip info and downloadable forms to turn in your 50% deposit and secure your room. You may reach Gary directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registration: $15 nonrefundable Trip registration fee to be paid online to IWFF prior to securing your room
- Directions: Fly into San Jose Del Cabo. (target arrival around 2pm and departure 2pm or after, if possible.)
This Rendezvous is limited to 11 flygals. We've increased the limit to 11 to accommodate more women. Some people plan to return from last year's succesful trip so register early if you're ready to take on the Roosterfish challenge.
There is a wide range of fish in Sea of Cortez, but we will primarily target Roosterfish and Dorado (Mahi Mahi). If you don’t own a 10-12wt saltwater rod and reel, they are available to rent for $10/day. All skill levels welcome. Contact IWFF Rendezvous host/organizer Karen Hall with your questions at: email@example.com - Baja here we come!